Monday, October 26, 2015

When Inspiration Hits

A few days ago I got a book from the library called The Pocket Muse. I discovered it from my friend Mariesa, and decided to check it out.
Oh boy.
I knew the basic idea of it, and I thought it was pretty cool. Then I read it.
And everything hit.
On every page, a word or a picture speaks to you. In the back of your mind something formulates, no matter how simple the prompt.
It was incredible.
So here's a little story I was inspired to write by this incredible little book. I hope you enjoy a real taste of my writing.

Invisible Voice


He was a nobody.

He was typical, average, unknown.

He sat in the back of the class, speaking to no one, getting good-but-not-perfect grades.

He had bland brown hair and bland grey eyes.

He was invisible. No one knew who he was, nor did they care to find out.

He didn’t seem to care, either.

But at night, he would climb out his window with a black mask and dark clothes to shield him against the shadows.

He would be out, for an hour or so, then come back and fall asleep.

In the morning, somewhere in the city, a bright mural would appear, of a smile, or a person, or a word.

They spoke for him.

His voice seemed invisible.

But it wasn’t.


Well, I hope you enjoyed that incredibly short little story.
Let it be a lesson to you:
When inspiration hits, don't stop it. Don't push it back down.
Do something about it, even if it means getting up in the middle of dinner. (I hope your family understands.)



No comments:

Post a Comment