Saturday, April 1, 2017

Camp NaNo Day 1

Hello all,
it's day one of Camp NaNo, and guess what...
I DID IT!!!
Ahhh, I love me some MST3k GIFs...

But, to get back to the point, YES! I actually met my word count goal for the day!
And, trust me, it was difficult. I think the hardest part was the very beginning...coming up with an opening sentence. That's not something I typically have difficulty with, but for some reason, I did today. 
But that doesn't matter right now. Like my favorite writing quote says, "it doesn't have to be good, it just has to be there." (I honestly can't remember who said that.)
Now, let's get down to it: the daily log!
Day: 1
Total Words Written: 1719
Words Written Today: 1719
Words Left: 48,281
Favorite excerpt: The sound of an angry seagull jarred Megan out of her peaceful slumber. She blinked in the dim light of the tent, closing her eyes against the glare of her watch as she checked the time: 2:37.

“Maeve,” she croaked, her mouth bitter from the cocoa residue on her teeth. When no reply came, she rolled over, ready to poke awake her sleeping friend. But, much to her surprise, the sleeping bag was empty, not even unrolled from its pack. She furrowed her eyebrows.
“Where is she,” she murmured to herself. Forcing herself to stand despite the still-sleeping feeling in her limbs, she unzipped the tent, peering outside. It was pitch-black, the fire no longer glowing and the peaceful sound of snoring emanating from the boys’ tent next door.

I hope you enjoyed that little snippet of my writing!
Well, keep me in your thoughts as I trudge on through the jungle that is Camp NaNo...and keep reading along as I *attempt* to do a daily log every day throughout April!

Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment